Here the links I love from around the web:
- I sold my horse and saddle ages ago. But I will always be an equestrian at heart. When I first stumbled upon Duke’s works years ago, I instantly fell in love. His bold color and silhouette cowgirls and cowboys bring a smile to my face.
- I stumbled upon Tracy’s work when I was working downtown at a now debunked gallery. I love his painting within a painting humor and his subjects look like supermodels.
- Lisa Kern’s latest sketch series are of starry nights. You can see her work at Pirate Art Gallery.
- Next on my list isn’t just one artist but one group as a whole. Its Denver’s graffiti mural program. Bonus, you can take your out of town cousins on a scavenger hunt for the best instagram worthy backdrop. I’m trying to get down to the cherry creek bike path myself. I hear there is a Wonder Woman down there.
- Lastly, a bonus addition, Ashley Longshore, I covet her bedazzled Audreys and Kates and follow her entire girl gang on Instagram.
For tips on collecting and more local artists check out 5280’s recent post.