Sometimes a change is what is needed. With Denver's increasing population and rising rents now might be the time to invest in your future. Whether you are looking to sell your house and buy your dream home or just get your foot into to the real estate market the interest rates are advantageous still at all time lows!
Statistically interest rates rise in an election year. We have yet to see that happen as the year has just started but those of us working in real estate day in and day out expect to see an increase in late spring. A few benefits in making a move now:
1) If you are selling a home you will have less competition than in the spring.
2) If you are buying a home the rates are low low low! Even an increase of 1% could impact your monthly payment by hundreds of dollars.
3) Both sellers and buyers in the market are serious this time of year wanting to do everything possible to get a deal done and start the year fresh.
The first step is to find an experienced Realtor who can help you put together a team of people to guide you through the process. Some questions to ask your potential agent:
1) Are you experienced in the area you are buying or selling in? I work the metro Denver area going from Arvada to downtown Denver to Aurora and more. If you are looking in Boulder or Fort Collins I am always willing to refer you to another experienced Realtor who specializes in those areas.
2) How many homes did you help buy and sell last year? Experience matters as each real estate deal is different with a number of unusual issues that can occur. With over 26 homes closed in 2015 alone, I am confident if I don't have an answer I have the resources to find one!
3) What do you bring to the table that another agent might not? For me that is creativity in solving problems to make sure each transaction is smooth. As an agent I am here to help you through the process. Having an experienced agent on your side is truly invaluable as you make the biggest purchase of your life or sell your biggest investment.
Remembering talking to an agent and getting an idea of what is on the market or what your home is worth is always free! I love spending time getting to know my clients it is truly the best part of my job! So embrace change and call me today to get the process started.
Happy New Year!